Friday, August 17, 2018

Review: Quick on the Draw

Quick on the Draw by Susan Moody

(Did not finish)

My rating:  1 Star

Ex-police officer Alex Quick has been hired to go to Venice by a young family friend Sandro Grainger when he is sure that one of his friends is a thief. He realizes this after a dinner party at his uncle's a pair of valuable items have gone missing. This is rather odd as all of the guests are well off in one way or another, so why would they steal? As Alex is now a writer for art books and magazines in Venice, and has received a new commission, she decides to go ahead and take Sandro's offer for a job as a pseudo-detective, but not before one of the dinner guests is found murdered. Before she even heads to Venice, she learns that one of the dinner guests is found murdered.

This is where the review takes a turn.

As I hadn't had the opportunity to read the first two books in the series, I wasn't completely clear of Alex's past, although the reason she left the employ of the police is briefly explained. There were twists and turns along the way that kept the book rather interesting for a while. However, I realized that by 39% into the book that I wasn't able to continue. There were so many characters and situations and I couldn't connect. This is my first DNF read. I have put this review down for a few days so that I could try and read the book again, but I just could not. I hope the best for the author and hope that others can find something that I could not.

Many thanks to Severn House Publishers and to NetGalley for this ARC to review; this is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment